Clinical Nurse Assessor
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Assessor
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,000 + car allowance
Location: Chester Office (with frequent regional travel)
About the Company
Jane Lewis Healthcare, part of the Active Care Group, is a CQC rated Outstanding business specialising in Healthcare Recruitment and the provision of Complex Care.
We are a workplace that knows our people are our most important asset. We are an organisation that empowers our exceptional talent to make a real difference in the service that we deliver and in the lives of those individuals and families we support.
We are looking for an RGN Paediatric Nurse with experience in complex care. This position is pivotal as part of the Complex Care Team to review and monitor care packages on a planned basis to ensure there is a high level of service provided to clients.
The role is to respond in emergencies where packages of care breakdown establishing and maintaining good liaison links with case managers, solicitors and other professionals. You will be required to participate in care discussions and MDT meetings where appropriate. You will also provide training in clinical areas for support staff and carry out supervisions, spot checks and observations on nursing staff acting in a supervisory capacity where necessary. Carrying out on-call duties on a rota basis, a degree of flexibility will be required. The role will also require you to sensitively deal with complaints and carry out appropriate investigations.
What you will bring to Jane Lewis
- Customer service focus
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Sales Focus
- Prioritising and remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and without direct supervision
- Ability to recognise, assess and effectively deal with risk with safeguarding knowledge
- Flexibility to work varying shift times, on call duties, including bank holidays and weekends on a rota basis.
- Approachable and empathetic
- Team player
- Positive & resilient
- Ability to listen, observe and support emotional needs
- Good organisational skills
- IT Skills
- Paediatric Nurse
- Clinical Training – Paediatric Basic Life Support, Epilepsy, PEG, Trachea, Dysphagia, BIPAP & Oxygen
- Experience in Complex Care setting
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people in the community
- Experience of CQC regulation
- Driver essential with use of own vehicle and business class insurance